Friday, June 1, 2012

Medical School Graduation

Our family has had many major *fun* life changing events over the past six months.  One of the biggest being mine and Alan's wedding! I will be posting about our wedding when I have all the pictures back, but until then I will catch you up on the other good ole' times we have been having! 

My sister and my husband ended their long journey of Medical School on May 20, 2012.  I was right by their side every step of the way, encouraging them and praising them for their hard work and complete dedication.  Couldn't be more proud of their accomplishment! 

Mary Catherine will be completing her residency in Radiology at Baptist Princeton here in Birmingham.  Alan and I will be headed to Jackson, MS (in just a few short weeks!!) for him to complete his residency in Emergency Medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. 

The "core four" as we like to call ourselves.  My father graduated from UAB Medical School in 1984.  He participated as an alumni during the graduation ceremony, a very special moment for our family. 

The graduates with family (missing a few) 



After they received their hoods! Officially Dr. Laney and Dr. Cease! 

Alan and his parents 

 My family 

It is a very comforting to know that we have three doctors in our immediate family. We may have some very "different" discussion than most families have at their dinner tables but it's fun nonetheless. It takes a very special person to be a doctor and these three above are "extra" special! 

I cannot wait to see Alan and Mary Catherine blossom during their residency into wonderful Doctors. They will touch many lives in many different ways and they already have my utmost respect.

Happy Graduation :) 

4 comments:

  1. The best thing for our marriage has been our move to Indianapolis. As hard as it is to be away from family, it is such an amazing experience. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you! You did it! I am soooo glad. Now you can count on me as a regular to follow your blog. So excited for your journey. I know God has wonderful blessings in store can't wait to read about them. I totally agree with Lauren (above comment) when she says distance, while VERY hard to be away from your family, can be good on a new marriage. It makes you depend on each other with God as the head. Heard from Lizbeth of vacation and them move. Looking forward to some great blogs especially some "before and afters" of new nest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am regular to check every post of this blog as well as its other supportive and knowledgeable informative blog post. I appreciate efforts of owner to deliver such valuable information to people.neurospine quizzes online

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having trouble planning the perfect graduation party? Let me help! This article will walk you through the most important aspects of planning a graduation party, with priceless tips to ensure your party is memorable. Graduation party in San Diego

    ReplyDelete