Sunday, July 1, 2012

June Wrap-up: Beach, Lake, the Move, and Memphis

To say that I have been busy the past few weeks would be huge understatement. And the fact that I have been without internet service (or TV) for the past TWO weeks has put a huge hold on things such as blogging. But as of today we finally have internet access (still no TV) and I am ready to hit the ground "blogging." I will try to wrap up the happenings of June in one post. Please bare with me, it's gonna be a long one! 

Mid-June the Stewart, Cease and Laney crew headed to the beach for a week.  Our trip consisted mostly of eating, sleeping, shopping, jogging, swimming, tanning, and did I say eating? We had an absolute blast. It is a rare occurrence for all members of my family to be in the same place at the same time due to our crazy busy schedules, so we soaked this week up. We laughed until we cried and I cherished every moment. 
What would I do without him?
Wonderful Parents
Miss Priss was ready to hit the beach! She LOVED it!
Girls, Girls, Girls





Aunt Allison loves this baby! 


 Once the beach trip ended we headed back to Alabama and spent a relaxing weekend at the lake with Alan's parents.  The Ceases treated us to a delicious meal at our favorite spot on the lake- Springhouse. This is where we ate the night that Alan proposed and it will always have a special place in my heart, not to mention they have the best shrimp and grits in the south!

 After our weekend at the lake we were off to Birmingham for a week of all work and no play.  The time had come for us to pack up our Birmingham home and head to Madison, Mississippi. Alan is completing his residency in Emergency Medicine at the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC) in Jackson, MS.  We will be spending the next four years here in Mississippi. We have been here for two weeks now and I can already tell that we are going to love it. We are living in a adorable sub-division in Madsion, MS, a super cute area about 10 miles north of Jackson.  Both of use are actually working in Jackson.  Alan of course is at the UMMC and my office is only one mile down the road! I am working for a Surgical Breast Oncologist as his Nurse Practitioner. I am so excited about my new job (more on that later).

With mixed emotions and much excitement we managed to load up all of our "stuff" onto a massive U-Haul truck, travel 3 1/2 hours to Mississippi, and unload the U-Haul in a days work.  Of course, that would not have been possible without help from our wonderful family and friends. We thank you! 
Noone I would rather begin this journey with other than this guy.


I would have packed up this bundle of joy if her Mamma and Daddy would have let me.
This was on closing day and is a tad blurry but welcome to our new home! We love it!
*Home Sweet Home*  We accept visitors any time!! I will be posting more pictures of the house soon so stay tuned.  :)



 Last but not least, this past week I was sent to Memphis for four days to train for my new job.  I was extra excited about this work trip because I got to stay with one of my best friends from college.  She works as a nurse at St. Jude and graciously opened up her adorable condo for me to come crash for the week. Robin and I were sorority sisters and nursing classmates at Samford.  She was a bridesmaid in our wedding and I loved getting to spend a week with her! It felt like the good ole' days and we loved it! 
Robin took me to Jerry's Sno Cones in Memphis. A must if you are visiting the city. They were delicious, especially in 104 degree weather!
It just so happened that Lady A was in town while I was visiting. We had a wonderful evening sitting on a blanket, singing along to this amazing band.  If you haven't heard Lady Antebellum live, I recommend you do so. It  was a perfect ending to a wonderful week with this sweet friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment