Sunday, January 20, 2013

Disney 1/2 Marathon Recap

We did it!! The Disney World 1/2 Marathon was a huge success and a complete blast! There is just something magical about running through Cinderella's Castle and giving Mickey Mouse a high-five! They even shot fireworks to begin the race! 
Who cares that it is 5:00 in the morning?!
 The race started bright and early Saturday morning at 5:30am. Our alarms were set for 3:30am and we were out the front door of the hotel by 4:00am. I actually beat my goal time of 2:00 and completed the race in 1:58 min which is just shy of 9:00/mi. I was pretty pumped! However, I can not say that it was easy. I knew throughout the race that I was on the borderline of breaking 2:00 and I pushed myself so hard to achieve my goal. And boy was it worth it! I didn't realize how proud and accomplished I would feel once the race was over but I definitely see how 1/2 marathons and full marathons can be a bit addictive. I would lie if I said that I haven't already started searching for another 1/2 marathon for the future! 
One of the best things about the race being held in Disney World is that we got to PLAY!! And play we did! It was not much of a "vacation" seeing that we were on our feet 10 hours a day. But it was oh so much fun!!! 
Our first stop, the famous Tea Cups! Watching Anna Scott's expressions throughout this trip was priceless!
Then it was straight to the Carousel! 


Anna Scott got to meet all of her favorite Disney characters.....

 And we saw some pretty amazing shows at Hollywood Studios.....
We did ALOT of walking and this big girl didn't miss a beat!
 
Friday morning we went to pick up our race bibs and packets! 

And Friday night we celebrated my sweet Daddy's birthday at Prime Time Diner!
"Mamma" our hilarious waitress treated dad with a cupcake!
Happy Birthday to my most precious Dad!
After the race we came back to the hotel, showered, took quick naps, and then headed out for lunch around our hotel. We stayed at The Yacht Club near Epcot and I highly recommend it if you are planning a trip to Disney! It was so nice, pool and all, and very convenient to the parks!



We had such a magical time! Family vacations are becoming one of my favorite things since we rarely get to all be together at the same time.  I can't wait to go back to Disney in many years a few years when there are more kids to experience the fun with! There's nothing much sweeter than seeing that magical twinkle in this sweet baby girl's eyes!


"Where Dreams Come True"

1 comment: