Saturday, January 31, 2015

Arab Baby Shower and a Birthday Celebration

On January 24th, the sweetest friends hosted my hometown baby shower in Arab.  Everything was so "pretty in pink" and it was the perfect day celebrating the upcoming arrival of Caroline Cate.  I had such a wonderful time visiting with old friends that I don't get to see very often due to living so far away.  
Hostess (missing two) 
The best Mother-in-law and Mom a girl could ask for. Thanks for ALL you do! Caroline Cate is so lucky to have you both in her life. 
Sweet sister, niece, and nephew (on the way). Wouldn't know what to do without you right by my side!
Sweet doll baby!
It was so much fun having (most of) my closest high school girlfriends all together at the same time! It's hard to believe that it has been ten years since we graduated from Arab High School.  There have been many weddings and babies in the past 10 years and I can't wait to see what the next 10 years has in store. I am blessed by these sweet girls and their love for me and baby girl. 
This sweet doll was such a big help while I opened presents. I cannot wait for her and baby girl to be the best of friends! Her excitement about having a baby cousin melts my heart. 
Kate Spade diaper bag from Aunt Tracy!  Love it! 
 
Caroline Cate's baby book from my grandmother, Gigi! Can't wait to write down all the sweet memories of her as a baby. 
I have to say my favorite gift was from my great-grandmother (Granny). She handmade this precious quilt for baby girl.  What a special gift that I will treasure forever. I love that is has little girls on it and when she made the quilt we didn't know if Caroline Cate was a "he" or a "she." It was meant to be :) I am so blessed by my Granny and very thankful for her life.  

As you can tell, it was a special day with many memories made. I received the most thoughtful and generous gifts. I cannot wait to take Caroline Cate home to meet all the sweet people that showered me so graciously.  

While Alan and I were home we celebrated my Dad and Mary Catherine's birthday. It was so much fun to all be together and celebrate over a delicious meal and Granny's homemade chocolate cake, a family favorite. Next time the whole family will be together will be at the hospital when CCC is born! Only 5 more weeks.....

 Make a Wish! 




1 comment:

  1. Such a heartfelt and lovely celebration! Your friends did an amazing job with the "Arab Baby Shower and Birthday Celebration" on January 24th. The "pretty in pink" theme and the warmth of old friends made it a perfect day honoring Caroline Cate's arrival. Grateful for the beautiful memories and the thoughtful planning that went into this special event.

    On another note, I recently came across a helpful article about when to send out baby shower invites. It provides great insights for planning such joyous occasions. Consider giving it a read to enhance your future celebrations.

    ReplyDelete