Sunday, January 11, 2015

NOLA at Christmas

At the beginning of December, Alan and I took a weekend trip to New Orleans.  As we anticipate baby girl's arrival, we are trying to soak up as much "us" time as possible. NOLA is a short 3 hour trip from Jackson and neither of us had ever been around Christmas time.  It lived up to our expectations leaving us breathless with the many beautiful Christmas lights and decor.  The food and shopping didn't disappoint either! However, I will say that going to a place where you walk 90% of the time while 27 weeks pregnant was not the best idea. We had many rest stops and I got a foot massage every night from my honey. It was still a fun weekend away! 

We started the weekend off with a delicious meal at Besh Steak! So yummy! 
Saturday stroll through the Canal Shops...
The brunch at Stanley is the best I've ever had. You better bet that I ate every last bite of this Bananas Foster French Toast with a scoop of ICE CREAM! Genius. 
One of my favorite parts of the weekend was walking through The Roosevelt hotel and dinner at Domenica, an italian restaurant inside the hotel.  If you haven't been there, you're missing out! 
 
Sunday morning we drove back to Jackson and met my family for lunch. It was such a special treat to have my parents, sister, grandmother, aunt, great aunt, and GREAT grandmother all in town to attend Jackson First Baptist Church's presentation of Carols by Candlelight.  This production is the most amazing and breathtaking display of God's love and the Christmas story. There wasn't a dry eye on our pew! 
It was a wonderful weekend and a Christmas memory I will cherish forever. 

And to wrap this post up, here are some of my Christmas decorations from Christmas. I'll be right back to blog about our 2014 family Christmas happenings. 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment