Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Second Week

Week number two is coming to a close and I can't believe how quickly these past two weeks have come and gone. Caroline Cate is still sleeping in 3-4 hour intervals and eating around 4 oz of breastmilk each feeding. She is becoming more alert during the day feedings and loves looking around. She is quite the "grunter" and you never have to guess if she has messed in her diaper :) We will need to work on her manners and learn how to become a proper little lady. Ha. She still loves her bouncy swing and her little lamb rocker.  Music and any bouncy seat that vibrates will put her right to sleep. She is already obsessed with her paci (yikes) and she loves to lay on my chest. At night I have to set my alarm clock to wake her up and feed her and then she drifts right back to sleep for another good 3-4 hours after we feed. Praise Jesus! I keep hesitating to say it because I don't want to jinx it but she is such a good baby thus far.  I am so grateful. The first two weeks are hard enough as it is just figuring everything out and throwing a fussy baby in the mix would be very challenging.  Kudos to you moms out there that are going through that....you deserve a hug and a good nights sleep! Here are a few photos taken during our second week at home with our girl! 
This gown was mine and my sister's when we were babies. Anna Scott wore it when she was two weeks old and now CC is wearing it!
Anna Scott at two weeks old in the same gown  
Sweet head and sandy blonde hair (Still not sure where that hair color came from) 
Pretty big eyes! Loves that paci! 
Loved having Grandaddy and Granmomma back for a visit! Side note: You will grow to appreciate and love your parents even more than you ever thought you could after you have a baby of your own. You realize all they sacrificed for you throughout the years and how much they love you. Thank you for all you have done for me and all you have already done for Caroline Cate. We love you! 
My sweet girl oh how I love you.  



2 comments: