Saturday, March 28, 2015

Third Week

We wrapped up our third week with baby girl a few days ago and we continue to be completely smitten by every little sound she makes. That being said, I'm going to have a moment of honesty here and say that  week three was rough. No sugar-coating it. However,  Caroline Cate wasn't the problem.....it was mommy.  I have been pretty sick for the past week and it is no small feat trying to take care of a newborn (even an easy newborn) while feeling under the weather. Alan fortunately had almost two weeks off right after she was born but now he is having to work extra to make up for his time off.  So for the past few days and the next week he will be gone from 6:30am to 8:00pm.  Luckily, I have the best mom in the world and after one phone call saying that I was running fever and my level of exhaustion had reached it's limit, she was on her way no questions asked.  Even though she is a very long 5 hour drive away, she still hops in the car without even a second thought to come help. I couldn't have made it these past three weeks without her. No question. Thanks Mom! 

CC is the best baby and I am so so thankful because with how sick I have been the past week I don't know what I would have done with a fussy baby on top of my illness.  At three weeks old she has already put herself on a schedule and she loves her sleep almost as much as her mommy does. She takes her nighttime bottle at 9pm, sleeps 9p-3:30a, takes another bottle, then is out again until 8:30a.  Every night before we go to bed I always wonder if this will be the night that things change but we have been going strong on this schedule for about a week now.  Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't change. She is still sleeping in our room but if she keeps sleeping so well we may transition her into her crib at one month. Tears will be shed. At three weeks she LOVES her paci, being rocked, being swaddled at night, her bottles, making the cutest grunting noises, someone singing to her (Mary Poppins tunes are her favorite), listening to running water while I take a bath, stroller rides, and car rides. She fills our heart with oh so much joy! 
Not the biggest fan of tummy time. 
 
Spending some time with daddy before he heads into work.  I love seeing him interact with her. It's so sweet. And I must admit, she is his little mini-me. She looks so much like him! Good thing he's cute :) 
So very thankful for all of Lollie's help! She was able to stay with us for a few nights while Daddy was working. We love you! 

She had her first real bath in our "spa" tub and she couldn't make up her mind if she liked it or not. She has had two more baths since her first one and seemed to enjoy them a little more.  
Happy Three Weeks, Baby Girl! 




No comments:

Post a Comment