Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day 2015

Mother's Day. A day so special yet filled with a multitude of emotions for many people. I am one of those people.  Last Mother's day my heart ached and longed to hold our first baby who went to be with our Heavenly Father way too soon. I knew even on that very dark day that the Lord had big plans for us. That His ways were good in all things and that we would receive our blessing in His prefect timing. Trusting that truth was hard. There were days of doubt and frustration. But holding steadfast to His word and praying without ceasing got me through each day. And now, on this Mother's Day, I am holding my brand new two-month old baby girl in my arms. God is good. All the time. We praise Him and thank Him for this gift of life. 
Being a mother has surpassed all of my expectations. It is most gratifying and my heart has never been so full.  We took Caroline to church for the first time today.  As I held her in my arms during the worship service singing the popular tune "How Great is Our God" tears flooded my eyes as the words had never seemed more true.  
After church we went to Keifer's, a local favorite, and enjoyed a delicious Mother's Day lunch.  Then Caroline and I got to spend the whole day with Daddy which is very unusual these days! It was a beautiful, perfect first Mother's Day that I will cherish forever.
And I couldn't write a post on Mother's Day and not mention this Momma. No words can describe how thankful I am for her.  I've always known that she was pretty special but since I have become a Mom myself, I have a whole new level of love and respect for her. She has always been my biggest fan pushing me to my fullest potential, wiping my tears when I'm sad, laughing with me till it hurts, and making sure that I have everything I could ever want. The past two months she has dropped everything and helped me when I needed her most. Her acts of kindness and selflessness are overwhelming. She has made the long 5 hour drive more times than I'm willing to admit to clean my house, feed us, take care of the baby, work in my yard, and countless other chores.  She's one in a million and I'm so glad she's mine. 

Last weekend when we were in Birmingham we celebrated Mother's Day with Alan's family. We surprised his mom with a private dinner at Shoal Creek Country Club.  We had a delicious steak dinner and it was such a beautiful, peaceful night! We are so thankful for our Lollie and all she does for us! She loves me like her own and I am so grateful to have a mother-in-law like her! 




No comments:

Post a Comment