Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Summer Play Days

We have finally settled down for a few weeks and are enjoying some time at home! We have been gone so much this summer and while I have loved our visits with family it is so great to be home playing with my girl all day long! It is crazy how much she is growing and learning each new day. On July 9th just 6 days after her four month birthday she rolled over. Luckily, we were expecting it to happen any day now so we caught it on video! She was so proud of herself that she decided to roll over about 50 more times that day. Now every time I lay her on her back whether it be in her crib, on her rug, or on her activity mat, she immediately rolls over. So funny! She hasn't mastered rolling back from her stomach to her back but I'm sure she will figure it out real soon. She could stay in her jumper forever and loves to "talk" to her toys. This age is the sweetest.  I could sit all day watching her little mind work hard to figure something out. 
Here are a few pictures of our lazy play days at home. 
Caroline Cate LOVED hitting the summer sales! Already loves to shop with Momma. I have a sneaking suspicion that we are going to get in lots of trouble over the years. But I think this face will get us off the hook easily! 
We had a super fun play date with Dana's sweet twins, Eliza and Hughes! They are eight months old and so stinkin' cute. These faces crack me up. It was way past nap time and the delirium had set in.
We also enjoyed getting some fresh air outside while staying cool in this Mississippi heat. Momma got creative and bought a glorified bathtub pool. Baby girl loves it plus it is super easy to give the dog a bath in. Win-win :) I asked Alan if I was a redneck or a genius for buying a hot pink plastic pool, filling it up with water and putting our baby in it in our driveway. His response: A redneck genius. I'll take that as a compliment! 
I hope you are filling your summer days up with laugher, love and long naps. I know we are! 





No comments:

Post a Comment