Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving 2016

Caroline's first Thanksgiving was full of food, family, and fun. We enjoyed a delicious Thanksgiving meal with my in-laws and the Shaw's at Shoal Creek Country Club. The food didn't disappoint and Caroline loved sitting like a big girl in her high-chair at the table. She enjoyed a healthy portion of grapes, sweet potatoes, dressing, and ice cream. After lunch, Caroline was busy crawling around on the gold course while we attempted to take some photos.
After Thanksgiving with the Cease crew, we headed north to visit with my side of the family. We gathered at my Aunt Tracy's house and had a huge feast with our BIG family! There were around 40 family members in attendance (we were missing a few). We always have a big time and it was great catching up with those I don't get to see very often.  
The crew. 
Granny (my great-grandmother) with her children. 
My Grandmother and her immediate family. (A little wind-blown) 
"Sandra" Clause came and visited the children. Huge hit! Caroline sure did enjoy meeting him. 
Love this sweet pic captured of Dad and Caroline. 
It was a Happy Thanksgiving with wonderful memories made. 

It's so easy to get caught up in the stressors of life and this sinful world that we live in. We tend to lose sight of the positives in our lives and focus on the negatives. But if we take a big step back and realize how great our God is and how much He has done and provided for us the list of good in our lives seems overwhelming. So this Thanksgiving, I will praise my God who in the midst of a fallen world still provides hope, grace, peace and love to His children and for that I am thankful. 












No comments:

Post a Comment