Tuesday, November 3, 2015

"I think I'll go to Boston"

Alan had a conference for residency in Boston last week and I decided to take a baby break and tag along. It was my first time away from Caroline for longer than eight hours during the day since she was born.  Although I missed her liked crazy and we talked about her almost the entire trip, it was a much needed break for Alan and me. We hadn't been on a real date since Caroline was born and we hardly even get to sit down and eat a meal together at home. So the time away with just the two of us was so refreshing! We had a great time with some of Alan's residency friends and we knew that our girl was in GREAT hands with the grandparents.  On that note, HUGE shout out to Granmomma and Lollie who love our girl so much and take such great care of her. We are SO grateful for them!!! 
Boston was one of the prettiest and cleanest cities I have ever been to. The weather was perfect and the colors of Fall were breathtaking. We ate our fair share of clam chowder, crab cakes and cannoli's. Good thing we walked a lot during the day to make up for our horrific caloric intake! 
We took a duck tour that was on land and water.  The bus converted into a boat and it made for quite an interesting tour. Our tour guide was hysterical and had us laughing the entire time! 
My favorite street in Boston was Newbury Street.  It is in a gorgeous area of Boston with the best shopping and parks around.  Two of my favorite stores side by side. I die. 
It was a great three day get-a-way but I couldn't get back to my girl fast enough! 





No comments:

Post a Comment