Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Welcome Baby Will

William Stewart Laney 
6/12/2015 at 8:41am
6lbs 3oz 
19in 
This sweet, beautiful baby boy entered the world and captured our hearts immediately.  I could hardly get to the hospital fast enough to get my hands on him. My sister went into labor on a Thursday night, ten days before her due date throwing off all of my "plans" to be there for Will's arrival.  Alan had planned on taking off the next week when we thought he would arrive so he was working.  Friday morning I woke Caroline up early, gave her a bottle, put her in the car, and (very carefully) drove from Madison to Birmingham to meet him!!!  We got there just a few hours after he made his debut. 
First time holding Will 
Brand new and precious
Watching Anna Scott become a big sister was so sweet! She couldn't get enough of her baby brother. She gave kisses and couldn't stop "petting" him.  She brought him the same teddy bear that Mary Catherine brought to the hospital when I was born. Anna Scott also brought it to meet Caroline Cate when she was born. So sweet. 
It was such a special time at the hospital seeing the babies together! It's hard to believe that Caroline Cate is already a big cousin. Will made her look so grown and it's so sad how quickly they grow out of the newborn stage. We are quickly becoming a crazy crew with all these kiddos but we wouldn't have it any other way! I cannot wait to watch Will and Caroline Cate become the best of friends. And of course, Anna Scott will be their boss. It is such fun chaos and we are so thankful for these blessings from the Lord. 
Grandaddy and Granmomma went from one to three grandkids in three short months! 
Caroline and I were able to stay a few extra days after Will came home from the hospital. We had so much fun loving on our little ones. Lots of rocking, bouncing, swinging, napping and crying :)
Alan meeting Will 
My grandmother, great-aunt Sandra, and great grandmother visiting the babies! 
Sweet baby Will we love you deeply. I cannot wait to watch you grow up and I pray that your life will be full of blessings. Welcome to the family! 













No comments:

Post a Comment