Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Birthday Celebrations + Ten Year Reunion

August is a huge birthday month! My father-in-law's birthday is August 23rd, followed by my mother's birthday on the 24th, and then mine on the 25th! It's always fun yet crazy busy trying to squeeze all the celebrations in.  A few of my closest girlfriends from college drove many miles to Mississippi the weekend before my birthday for a visit. They surprised me and decorated my house with all things birthday as well as showered me with yummy goodies and the sweetest presents! They have hearts of gold and I am so blessed to call them my friends. They loved on me and Caroline all weekend and it was so wonderful. It was the best weekend I have had in a really long time. Time spent with these girls always leaves me feeling refreshed. Thankful for them and our lasting friendship. 
After a delicious brunch at The Gathering.
Lindy looking all natural with a baby :) 
We celebrated my birthday dinner at Seafood Revolution. Quickly becoming my favorite restaurant in Jackson! 
Pajamas and waffles. Makes for a glorious Sunday morning. 
We celebrate Granmommy's birthday from Mississippi but made sure to send her sweet pics to let her know we were thinking of her! 
We went in for a weight check and I was so proud that we moved from the 10th percentile to the 25th percentile!! She weighed a whopping 14.6 pounds at 5 months and 3 weeks old :) And those eyes......oh my heart. 

The morning of my birthday I walked in Caroline's nursery to wake her up. This was the face that greeted me.  I stood there and stared for a few moments just thanking God for this blessing. I have never prayed for and longed for something so much. This birthday was by far the sweetest one yet and I will never take for granted a single day of my life and all the wonderful blessings He has given me.  
Sweetest cards and favorite candies from the hubs.
We passed through Birmingham on our way to the lake and grabbed lunch with my sister, baby Will, mom, grandmother, and Aunt Tracy.  Such a fun birthday lunch!! 
We headed to the lake on my birthday to spend a few days with Alan's family and celebrate Mr. Cease and my birthday. The weather was perfect. High 70s with a slight breeze and no humidity kind of perfect. Since we were there during the week it was extremely peaceful and quite. Much needed for this momma. We enjoyed every minute of it and, as usual, the time passed way to quickly. Relaxing and soaking up every moment with baby girl and Alan with this view was a pretty nice birthday gift. 
Emme spent "National Dog Day" at her heaven on earth. She was one happy pup.
Caroline was introduced to a hammock and was pretty fond of it.....
But not as fond as long boat rides that provided the perfect environment for naps.
Her face says it all. We love lake life! 
Cruisin' to dinner. I think Daddy has a new little co-captain.  She didn't move the entire ride. 
We wrapped up the week by celebrating birthdays at our favorite restaurant on the lake, Springhouse. Wonderful night with great family and friends! 
After we were all celebrated out from birthdays we headed to Arab for my ten year class reunion.   Ten years?!? Not quite sure how that happened but I enjoyed catching up with my former classmates. 
My bests! 
Arab High School Graduation Class of 2005 (about 1/4 of is anyway) 













No comments:

Post a Comment